The Invisible Cities Project challenged me beyond my expectations. I got to a point where I didn't think I would be able to achieve the brief due to the extent I have struggled with painting digitally within any reasonable span of time.
Having actually pushed myself to finish it though I am elated. I always have sttong ideas in my mind of exactly how I want something to look, feel, etc, which is part of what makes my workflow so slow. I simply haven't had the practice yet to achieve what's in my head. However, since I had to just surrender the absolute control I wanted, I am surprised to find that my resultant work is entirely unexpected, in a way that I'm actually happy with and I can actually paint something decent without spending eternity on it. I would have wanted to spend far, far more time on them had there not been the constraint, and I'm glad I didn't, because otherwise, to me at least, my work would have been predictable.
I am however looking forward to the next project resetting everything, as I now have much clearer and realistic ideas on how to manage my workload and actually maybe enjoy having to be so busy.